The main goal of this project is to help children who have been forced to move to safer regions of Ukraine or abroad due to the Russian invasion of Ukraine. The project provides grants to cultural managers and organizations that help displaced people integrate into new communities through culture.
The teachers who will be during this week learning about everything that is done in DO, from the theoretical and practical methodology, to the development of Dream Orchestra as a non-profit organization, including the in-depth study of the Safeguarding Police, “Safe in the orchestra ” will be:
- Iryna Vakulinam, co-founder, conductor and general manager of Lviv Kids Orchestra (LKO), responsible for the “Safe and sound” project.
- Polina Velychko, communications director of Safe and Sound, LKO fundraiser.
- Nataliya Zavisko, PhD candidate in Art Criticism, director of the NGO "Tempo", senior researcher at the Lviv Academy of Music, and specialist in working with children from 2 to 6 years old.
- Mariia Shtogrina, first violinist of the Lviv National Philharmonic and music teacher at LKO.
- Olena Hot, cellist, works at the National Opera and Ballet Theater in Lviv, and teacher at LKO.
- Sofiia Okrutna, cellist, studies at the Lviv National Academy of Music, works at the Lviv National Philharmonic.
- Natalia Serbeniuk, project director of the organization collaborating with this project ART DOT , and a specialist in working with displaced adolescents.
- Nastia Kondratenko, a flutist who studies at the National Academy of Music in Lviv, and works at a music school in Lviv.
They will receive workshops with Camilla Sarner, Franka Verhagen and Ron Davis Alvarez. They will also be part of Marathon Day this Saturday, November 25, where Dream Orchestra students will rehearse the entire repertoire of the Winter Concert, which will take place next Friday, December 15 at Betlehemskyrkan at 18:00.
You can follow the work that these teachers will do starting December 2 on the Safe and Sound Facebook page
For more information you can write to firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the orchestra through @dreamorchestra.se on Instagram and Facebook.